Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Finally...


I know, a day late on the internet is like being a year late, but I thought I would still post about it anyways.

Remember way back in 2008 when I posted about the imminent release of Eminem's Relapse? Well, 6 months later and finally we have a firm release date for the new LP. The album will come out on Aftermath/Shady on 19 May 2009, and apparently this album will be followed up by the Relapse 2 sometime by the end of 2009. Call me cynical, but I wont hold my breath on that one coming out anytime soon. Anyways, moving along, yesterday saw the release of the Relapse's first official video single, "We Made You". As with so many other official videos, the record label has asked to have youtube embedding disabled, so if you want to check it out you will have to go here.

Also, remember how I said that the new Eminem sounded really juvenile and that I wasn't sure how his antics would fit in today's social and political climate? Well, looks like I was right. This song (and video) seems like it was made specifically for 'angry' 14 year olds, and it seems as though Eminem has regressed rather than matured in his time away from the spotlight. I was hoping for some retrospection from Em's new material, yet it seems that all we are going to get is some stupid celebrity references and a dress up party. This sucks.

3 comments:

Black said...

I made a comment on the you tube page about how I felt about the song.

I really think it sucks. I miss the way he sounded on his first album.

emjay said...

Name an album where Eminem hasn't thrown out punches at celebrities.

I don't think it sucks but he has been rapping in that Insult Comic Dog voice for a little too long now.

((())) said...

exactly, hes done it on every album in the past. this is some stale ass shit. not only that, you actually have to be retarded or under 16 to enjoy this video.