Friday, March 13, 2009

New Poll and Poll Results: Steve Martin, you need to retire already!

Our poll for this week asks you to select your favourite Radiohead album. When you consider those albums, you have to just shake your head and think, "man it is tough to choose just one," which is why I wasn't able to and I chose the cop out vote. I must give credit though for the poll idea, as an old ladyfriend and fellow avid music fan suggested the idea to me. Considering I am making the trip down to Mexico City this weekend to see the band, I thought it was more than fitting to have it as the poll for this week. Now, Radiohead are notorious for great music videos, so I thought it would be wise to throw one up. This was equally tough to select, but I'm happy with my choice. Please make a comment down below if you think I fucked it up and should have chose another video.

As for last week's poll, Steve Martin received the most votes as actor who needs to just hurry up and retire already. I've included a video from 1976, yes, fuckin' 1976, where Martin has a few laughs with Johnny Carson. He kind of looks the same and it is funny to see how comedy has changed over the years. Enjoy that clips.

Radiohead: Street Spirit Music Video




Steve Martin in 1976:


4 comments:

jugsy said...

well i am happy to see that you didn't take the obvious choices of 'just' or 'paranoid android'

i might have decided on 'house of cards' or even 'no surprises'

a truly tough decision, and 'street spirit' is definately a fantastic choice. hope they rock the mexcity for ya

Smeds said...

karma police = by far the best radiohead video

jugsy said...

Radiohead star Thom Yorke has continued music's oddest feud with Miley Cyrus after blasting her for threatening to "ruin" his band.

Cyrus revealed she had made it her mission to "ruin" Radiohead after frontman Yorke snubbed her at the Grammy Awards last month.

The Hannah Montana star requested a meeting with her favourite band when she discovered their dressing room was four away from hers, but Yorke politely declined because he was preparing himself for his first performance at the music Oscars.

In a radio interview last week, Cyrus said, "My manager asked and said, you know, 'Miley, she's really obsessed and she'd really like to meet them,' and they were like, 'Yeah, we don't really do that.'"

Cyrus was left humiliated by the slight - because she had already boasted to her friends about meeting the band.

She adds, "I left 'cause I was so upset. I wasn't going to watch! I'd already texted all my friends, we were all freaking out."


And the teen sensation was so hurt she made an instant decision to expose Radiohead as mean guys - something that has annoyed Yorke.

In a statement issued to magazine Us Weekly, the Fake Plastic Trees singer says, "When Miley grows up, she’ll learn not to have such a sense of entitlement."

emjay said...

that's hot shit right there haha 'sense of entitlement' hahaha