Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour 2009

Today, March 28th 2009 is the day when we are asked to switch off our lights for an hour to observe and call attention to the problem of Global Warming and thus cast our vote to take action against the problems we are facing as a planet with Climate Change. The hour in question is from 8:30 to 9:30 in your local time zone and if you want to check out the full details of the event you can head here.

Now at risk of sounding preachy or shitty, I want to throw out some information about this event. This will be my first year participating in Earth Hour. One of the guys that sings in the band that I am playing with down here in ol' Mex asked me if I would join him on a few tunes acoustically during the hour at a candle lit house party. I was quick to accept and looked into the event a little more and I have to say I think it is pretty interesting. So, I thought I would throw up the video that is circling You Tube about the event. Yes, the video is cheesy as hell, but I think it does the cause justice. Whether you think climate change is a crock of shit or not, this event is something that I think is within everyone's reach to participate in. If for nothing else it can at least call attention to how much we have come to rely on technology and increase awareness of the overall consumption of resources that we partake in every day. Check the video and consider taking part in the event, I mean what else do you really have to do tonight? Booze? Make Out? Take a shit? All 3 of those things can be done in the dark, so you have no excuse.

Earth Hour 2009

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Where have you been? Climate
change is a total hoax, just because the Earth's average temperature has risen almost one degree in the last century and many glaciers have melted or are melting couldn't possibly be related to climate change. :)

I would love to see cities enforce bylaws that require businesses to turn their lights off at night.

((())) said...

fucking hippies

Palehorse 222 said...

WORD