Wednesday, February 11, 2009

La Huasteca Canyon

Last Sunday, some friends and I climbed to the top of La Huasteca Canyon here in Monterrey, Mexico. I wasn't much of a hiker before I came down here, but I've been trying to get out as much as I can before I leave this place. The view was gorgeous from the top and it was windy as hell, if hell had wind, which definitely added to the thrill of the climb. There really is something to be said for just getting out there into the so called wild sometimes and just taking it all in. Oops, I just said "taking it all in."

The picture here on your left shows us just before we started climbing and you can see that I am representing the Jays in full force with my throwback 92 cap and my shitty Jays backpack that I got for signing up for some shitty credit card. Basically, I threw this post up to say that hikes are pretty money and if you have the ability to 'unplug' for a bit on the weekends and go see something beautiful, then get off your fuckin' ass and go do it. It's well worth your time and you never know how much time you got left to do this sort of shit. Now, go climb something before I continue to bucket list the shit out of this post.

Show Me the Top:

No comments: