Thursday, February 12, 2009

Joaquin Phoenix? I'm sorry you couldn't be here tonight...

I am not sure if anyone caught this live or not, but Joaquin Phoenix is getting quite the gossip stir for his appearance on Letterman last night. The clip that I have thrown down below shows Phoenix acting quite detached with Dave during his interview. Dave actually comes across as quite the asshole during the clip and I really have no idea whether this was planned or whether Phoenix is being serious. I've watched it twice and I haven't made up my mind yet. Many people are calling this a Kaufman rip off, but I'm not sure I buy that one yet. I must say I love the part where Phoenix calls out Shaffer and his maniacal laugh. So take a watch and let us know what you think. Was this a publicity stunt? Or is Phoenix really on tilt? Either way I think this will give his new film, Two Lovers, some more attention, so it might not be the worst idea he has ever had.

Joaquin Phoenix on Letterman:

4 comments:

Laura said...

in an age where all celebrities are cross listed in their 'talents', why are we (or "Dave" rather..) being negative about phoenix branching off into a hip hop career. he's not the first actor to do this.

pretty sure he's got street cred, working with P. Diddy and Casey Affleck on this hip hop project.

Either way, I would KILL to stick gum under letterman's desk

Laura said...

looks like most of the links on youtube have been removed....

emjay said...

reeemoved ugh

emjay said...

you know what i would appreciate about 'wakeen' if he really did leave and show hollywood his balls are huge and hollywood doesnt own them.