Saturday, February 21, 2009

Conan's Last Show (Before he takes over for Leno)

Conan O'Brien's last 'Late Show' aired on Friday night. The host is set to take over 'The Tonight Show' from Jay Leno on June 1, 2009. In case you are unaware there is tension between the two hosts, as Leno's decision to start a new, earlier program has ruffled a lot of feathers in the O'Brien camp. I have to say that I am interested to see how all of this talk show shake up business will end up working out. Will change prove to be good? Or will we be left with a giant shit storm? Time, my friends, will tell.

Now of course Conan was going to have a few tricks up his sleeve for his final show. It had been rumored for a while that The White Stripes would show up to sing a tune. Well, THEY DID! Below, you will find the video of their performance, the last song on 'Late Night with Conan O'Brien.'

I'll be honest the song took a few minutes to grow on me. Jack White comes out of the gates looking a little worn and rusty, but by the end I was diggin' the tune. What do you think of the performance? Add a comment below.

The White Stripes: We're Going to be Friends

1 comment:

emjay said...

I watched it live and it was great to see good ol' Andy Richter beside Conan for his last Late Night.

As for the song I dug it .. the "I can tell that we're going to be friends" reminded me a little of Booty Call by G Love and Special Sauce sans the funky flavor.