Saturday, February 21, 2009

Certified Banger # 19

Following a suggestion by Jugsy, this Certified Banger comes from the alternative rap duo known as The Knux. Brothers Krispy Kream and Rah Al Millio hail from New Orleans, but were forced to take the show on the road to Los Angeles following the Katrina incident. The track that has been selected is F!re (Put it in the Air). A clear BANGER and stand out from their debut album, Remind Me in 3 Days.

When you listen to the track or other songs by The Knux, you may be reminded of that other popular alternative rap duo known as Outkast. And if you read about the group, you are sure to be overwhelmed with the fact that they play their own instruments, as every article I have read about them champions the fact that the guitars found on their album were played by The Knux themselves.

The first time I heard this track, I was thinking, "Man, I could see this track being in an episode of Entourage because it reminds me a bit of a Saigon track." Then to my non-surprise I discovered that The Knux had in fact already been featured on a fourth season episode of the show with their other hit Cappuccino.

The track certainly BANGS and is worth a listen, so give it the time and thanks to Jugsy for the tip.

The Knux: F!re (Put It In the Air)

1 comment:

emjay said...

I'm feeling this hard. These guys also have a Nappy Roots harmony going on too. BANGER