Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Poll Results: Which Cola do you prefer?

In another dead heat, we witnessed our first tie in our poll series with I'd Rather have a beer matching Coca-Cola as the choice of this generation. So move over Pepsi and forget about R.C. because Coke is the word. Now, as anyone who knows me will confirm, I've had my fair share of ice cold Cokes in my day, but I have to admit that research hints at how shitty Coke really is for you. I don't mean to alarm you cola lovers out there, but here are some facts I stumbled upon while diggin' up this post.

You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days

In many states (U.S.A.) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident

The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis

Yeah, so now that I think about it maybe I'd rather have a beer too...

1 comment:

jugsy said...

what do you think 3.5 litres of coke in 1.5 hours did to my small intestine??? is there any research on that one???

also, i saw a lot of these so-called "coke myths" BUSTED on mythbusters (which should have been in red's top 5 tv shows of the year)