Friday, January 23, 2009

Certified Banger # 15

It has been a while now since we have unleashed a new BANGER on you. The truth is that 2009 is fresh and bands are only now starting to unveil their conquests for the new year.

Our latest banger comes from Andrew Bird's latest release Noble Beast. While the album may have more of a rustic feel to it, as opposed to a traditional guns a blazin' BANGER feel, there are of course highlights that demand some attention.

The track that stands out in my mind is 'Not a Robot, But a Ghost.' I really dig the driving percussion and Bird's repeating of the lyric, "I cracked the codes, I cracked the codes." I am sure the track will produce some comparisons of Bird to Radiohead, in particular to Yorke's vocal style on Kid A's 'Idioteque,' but then again, that might be why I like it so much.

The album is pretty solid and is worth a listen, especially if you are prone to some strings, as the album is full of beautiful arrangements.

You can find the track on the sidebar ---------------------------------------------------------->

No comments: