Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Blast From the Past: David Blaine

It wasn't too long ago that David Blaine was the official badass of magic. His card tricks and levitation lifted him to enormous popularity and his 'Street Magic' shocked fans across the world. To be honest, Blaine always scared the shit out of me. I'm not really talking about all that weird shit he was doing hanging out in boxes for months or locking himself in cages, he just straight ol' creeped me out. Now, the reason I had some Blaine on my mind, is that I was thinking of how fuckin' amazing The Prestige was last night while I was watching The Fountain and my mind somehow wandered onto Blaine. Yeah, I know, I'm fucked, but anyway, I found a few clips that I thought I would share. The first one has Blaine in his element, doing kick-ass card tricks and in this clip he is blowing the minds of the Dallas Cowboys. Emmett Smith never ran that fast on the field. The second clip includes You Tube Edition Street Magic, which features an imposter poking fun at Blaine and I have to admit I always got a laugh out of this one. And just for the fun of it, I also included the trailer to Death Defying Acts, which is the feature film starring Guy Pearce as Harry Houdini. Now we all know that Pierce is as streaky as a wet window, so I wouldn't count on anything too magical about this one, which is a damn shame because ol' Harry lived quite the life. Enjoy...


Blaine Blowing the Minds of the Dallas Cowboys:



You Tube Street Magic Special:



Death Defying Acts Trailer:

No comments: