Monday, December 1, 2008

Certified Banger #8

Now this Certified Banger may not be too exclusive anymore, but this lead-off track from TV on the Radio's latest album Dear Science kicks some serious ass. The track is just so infectious and I really believe it is the perfect opening to an album so beautifully textured that no two songs sound the same and no emotions are left unturned.

I've always been a fan of 'moments' within songs and I often love the shit out of songs for just one particular part or one subtle change in the tune that just kills me. This track is no exception and the 'moment' comes at 1:55 into the track when vocalist Tunde Adebimpe thrusts the song to the next level by declaring in what may best be described as a subtle banshee yowl:

Is it not me?
Am I not folded by your touch?
The words you spoke
I know too much
It's over now
And not enough

Is it not me?
The damage you hold inside your blush?
The load you towed
You showed it up
It's over now
And I'm insane

And it really just gets better from there. Listen for yourself, and while you are at it, get your hands on the whole damn album because it is CERTIFIED.

As always, check the side bar for the track ---------------->

No comments: