Friday, December 5, 2008

Certified Banger #10


This latest entry into our Certifiably Banging feature is the track Death to Los Campesinos! by none other than Los Campesinos!

Yes, this track if off their first release of this year, Hold on Now, Youngster..., which was released in February, so while it may not be too exclusive anymore, I ensure you that it BANGS. I have to be honest, I've slept on this band for most of the year and considering how many spins I'm giving this track right now, I'm pretty glad I woke the fuck up.

The highlight of this track for me is the duel between the male and female vocalists, as they beautifully share the duty of driving the narrative of the song. The video for the track, which I have posted down below does a great job of capturing the battle between them, I suggest you check it out. Throw in a big orchestra chorus and a sly guitar solo and you have one hell of a banger on your hands.

The way the vocalists come together to sing the hook, ' If you catch me with my hands in the till/I promise, sugar, I wasn't trying to steal,' is also pretty damn money.

Here is the video and as always, check the side bar for the track ------------------->

Death To Los Campesinos! - Los Campesinos

No comments: