Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Blast from the Past: Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy

Considering that Notorious, the story of Christopher Wallace ( a.k.a Biggie, The Notorious B.I.G., The Greatest Rapper of All Time) will hit screens across the land in mid-January, I thought it was appropriate to toss up a Blast from the Past in the Big Guy's honour.

Juicy
is a straight-ass monster of a jam, that shows to perfection how the flow of B.I.G. combined with the 'bubblegum' beats of P. Diddy (Is that even what he goes by nowadays?) led to a parade of BANGERS for the Bad Boy camp. I remember that when I was younger I was always a little more enticed by what Biggie was saying than the other rappers I was listening to at the time and I realize it was in large part to the way he was spittin' it. His flow is so money, whether he's spittin' it hard or taking the time to articulate words like 'Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis,' it's just all good.

I feel like a bit of a shit-box for saying this, but, it does feel a little haunting to me to this day to hear him rhyme, "Now I'm in the limelight 'cause I rhyme tight / Time to get paid, blow up like the World Trade." Don't get me wrong I'm not going to preach that he was some kind of prophet or something, I'm just saying it's a little fucked up is all.

So kick back, strap in and enjoy the flow. Let Biggie trip you on down memory lane to a time when IT WAS ALL A DREAM and life was just so much....., ahhh, fuck it, just enjoy the track. I've included the video below. I've also included the trailer for the film, and while my fingers are crossed that it can somehow be decent, something tells me it will more than likely be a shit-box..


Video for JUICY:




Trailer for Notorious:





1 comment:

Black said...

What kind of grown man has the name Puffy?

Now that is one hell of a great question...