Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Best Music Videos of 2008

Unlike television, I'm not going to write a blurb under each video. Music videos don't involve characterization, plot development or in most cases even a real story line, so really, there just isn't that much to say about a 2 or 3 min music video. The criteria for my top 10 consisted of originality, aesthetics and most importantly, the ability of the video to keep my attention for the entirety of the song. With that being said, here are my top music videos of 2008:

10. Vampire Weekend - "A Punk"




9. Justice - "Stress"




8. M83 - "Kim & Jesse"



7. The Streets - "The Escapist"




6. The Walkmen - "In The New Year"




5. No Age - "Eraser"



4. The Boy Least Likely To - "The First Snowflake"



3. Chad VanGaalen - "Molten Light"




2. Band of Horses - "No One's Gonna Love You"




1. No Age - "GOAT HURT"




So there you have it, my top ten music videos of 2008. Again, I encourage you to comment on these, leaving your own lists or pointing out some videos that I might have missed. To be honest, I don't expect much of a response to this one, because really, who the hell even still watches music videos? Really only people like myself, who have way too much time on their hands and nothing better to do with it.

2 comments:

jugsy said...

i fucking love that Chad VanGaalen song... FUCKING LOVE IT

Black said...

While, I'm not totally up on the music videos this year, I agree with you on "Eraser" and "No One's Gonna Love you". I'm also partial to Fleet Foxes' "White Winter Hymnal" and Gnarls Barkley's "Going On".