Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Are you fuckin' kidding me? Reindeer Car Antlers.

I'm not sure if the trend has hit North America, but considering that I witnessed three reindeer cars drive past me within 20 minutes this afternoon, it is safe to say the 'Reindeermobiles' are red hot down here in Mexico.

I don't have the slightest problem with the 'soccer moms' here trying to generate a little ol' fashioned Christmas spirit around Monterrey, but driving around in a 'Reindeer' while there is not a trace of snow seems a little ridiculous. Nope, it seems and is down right foolish.

While grabbing a picture to post, I came across an article by a man that gave these antlers as a gift to his wife last year. Apart from just about pissing my pants, I also burst out with laughter as I read his recommendation. I swear this is a real article, I could not make this shit up:

Tons of people stop, stare, and then break out in a smile or start pointing out my car to friends as I drive by with my sleek reindeer antlers and big red nose. The antlers slide onto your windows, which then shut securely. That means you don’t need to worry about antler-theft in a parking lot or losing an antler as you scoot down the highway at 65 miles an hour. You may need to pay attention if you roll down your window at a McDonald’s drivethrough though.

Jesus, can you imagine the conversation you might endure catching someone red handed during an antler-theft.

(Possible result of an Antler-Theft intervention)

You: Hey man! Stop right there! Where do you think you're going with those antlers?

Antler-Thief: Um, I'm really sorry man, I've just always wanted to you know see what it would be like to ride around in a car dressed as a giant reindeer. I just saw those sleek reindeer antlers atop your car and that big red nose glowing in the night and I couldn't help myself. I just lost control. I'm really sorry man.

You: Completely understandable my man! You know what, I have to be honest, I actually catch people stopping, staring and pointing my car out to people all time. I knew it was really was just a matter of time before someone went too far. You know what my man, why don't you take this set.

Antler-Thief: No I couldn't.

You: No, I insist, it was the best $15.95 that I've ever spent in my life. It really was the domino that changed my life, and I want you to have that, Merry Christmas!

Now for everyone who wants the possibility to live out this dream, I've included the link to purchase the antlers here.

Enjoy those antlers...


1 comment:

ah, fuck it said...

if i see a reindeer car ill be sure to damage it in some way. this is why christmas sucks.