Sunday, October 26, 2008

For your pleasure: Bone Thugs N Harmony - Tha Crossroads

Fresh off a screening of Pineapple Express, I couldn't help but appreciate the inclusion of Bone Thug N Harmony's 'Tha Crossroads' in the film. Apart from the film, this song was the centerpiece of shitty underage basement parties way back in 1996. I remember how great it was then, and I urge you to take a trip down the lane of memories and get Boned one more time. Now, if this is your first time, sit back and prepare yourself for glorious harmonies, guys with Bone in their name and one hell of a chorus.



My personal favourite verse is Wish Bone's and I have included the lyrics below:

Lil Eazy's long gone
Really wish he would come home
But when it's time to die
Gotta go bye bye
All a lil thug could do is cry, cry
Why they kill my dog and man
I miss my uncle Charles y'all
and he shoudn't be gone, in front of his home
What they did to Boo was wrong
Oh so wrong, oh so wrong
Gotta hold on gotta stay strong
When the day comes
Better believe Bone got a shoulder you can lean on (lean on)

Hey and we pray, and we pray, and we pray, and we pray
everyday, everyday, everyday, everyday
and we pray, and we pray, and we pray, and we pray
everyday, everyday, everyday, everyday

No comments: