Monday, October 6, 2008

Dracula's Lament



Mexico, for all that it is, is not up to date with their theatrical releases, as I just watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall in theaters tonight. Now, I thought it was a decent film. A little too much overbearing Jonah Hill and a thinner plot than Sconew's hairline at times, but there were a few parts that killed me. Aldous Snow (Russell Brand) was a scene stealer and Mila Kunis is always easy on the eyes (How the fuck did Macaulay snag her?). The highlight though for me was easily Peter's (Jason Segel) performance of 'Dracula's Lament' at the bar. It was just hysterical. I can only hope that Segel actually wrote and sung this gem. I've included the video and the lyrics. Beware though, this shit is deep...Die...Die...Die...I can't.

Dracula's Lament

It's getting kind of hard to believe things are going to get better
I've been drowning too long to believe that the tide's going to turn
And I've been living too hard to believe things are going to get easier now
I'm still trying to shake off the pain of the lessons I've learned

And if I see Van Helsing, I swear to the Lord I will slay him
Ah-ha-ha-ha
He'd take you from me, but I swear, I won't let it be so
Ah-ha-ha-ha
Blood will run down his face when he is decapitated
Ah
His head on my mantle is how I will let this world know, how much I love you

Die, die, die
I can't

No comments: